Do you miss that newly set, glossy and stain-free floor of your house? Are you embarrassed by the hard stains caused by chemicals and by roughness and dullness of your stones? Don’t worry! These problems can be easily fixed by Floor Grinding Services.
We asked our Operations Head, Mr. Bharat, to show us the entire procedure of grinding the floor and decided to take pictures of the process so that you get to know how it is done right. Our office floor is made out of Kota stone but this floor grinding process applies to any kind of stone floor.
Here are two pictures of the stains
The challenge was to not just get rid of these ugly stains but also to polish the floor so that it shines.
STEP 1 – Preparation
- First, water is poured into the white tub of a single disk machine that is used for floor grinding. The purpose of the water is to lubricate the floor grinding pads and to help in the grinding process.
- Diamond floor grinding grit pads are stuck on the base of the grinding machine. These pads gently remove layers of stone from the floor to expose the fresh stone that lies beneath. They are assigned numbers based on their ability to cut or remove layers of the floor (lower the number, better the cutting ability, higher the number, better is the polishing ability).
Initially, the lowest numbered grit is stuck on the base of the grinding machine.
↓↓ Continue Reading Below ↓↓
STEP 2 – Floor Grinding
Once the grits are attached to the base the machine is switched on and the grinding process starts
What is achieved
- Hard Stain Removal & Uniform floor
- The grinding machine starts cutting the surface of the floor exposing fresh layers of stone.
- There are different sizes of grinding machines depending on the stain. A handheld grinding machine is used for stubborn stains.
The procedure of floor grinding remains the same for all types of stone floors, though some attachments might vary. We at Broomberg Cleaning Services provide floor grinding services for all kinds of stone floors including Marble, Italian Marble, Kota Stone, Granite etc.
Initially, the lowest number grit is used so that the top layer of the stone is removed and subsequently higher numbered grit pads are used for a fine, polished finish.
STEP 3 – Polishing & Scrubbing
Polishing: The purpose of floor polishing is to make the surface smooth and shiny.
Scrubbing: Massaging and buffing of the floor to make it shinier
A floor polishing pad is attached to the single disc machine to buff and scrub the floor and to remove the whiteness caused by grinding.
Some polish powder is spread on the floor before it is buffed.
Bharat cautions us against leaving the polish powder on the floor for too long as it is very reactive and can cause stains.
Another scrubbing pad with different specifications is then attached to the base of the machine and the floor is scrubbed again for a better shine.
STEP 4 – Crystallization
This is a process in which the floor is scrubbed using crystallization agents to enhance the gloss of the floor.
With Crystallization, the entire process of floor grinding and polishing ends. Wondering if those stains are still there? Check this out:
Impressive. Isn’t it? Not only were the stains removed but the floor was also left shinier than before.
So does your floor need grinding? We provide floor grinding and polishing services in Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Faridabad and Ghaziabad. You can call us on our number 8010104040 or you can visit our floor grinding services page to book
Got questions? Please leave a comment and Bharat will be happy to answer.