Cleaning is like going to war; one has to be well prepared. In this post, I will list cleaning supplies that must be available in every home so that when it’s time to clean up, you are well prepared.
- Microfiber Cloths: Microfiber is the best material for dusting as it is able to scoop up and hold far more dust than a normal cleaning cloth. You can use it dry or wet and it does not scratch or damage surfaces. You can read more about what makes a Microfiber cleaning cloth special here.
- Feather Duster: Undoubtedly, one of the most useful cleaning tools. They can be used to dust any kind of surface and can get into small places easily. It is important to know that in case the feathers get uprooted you have to replace the duster. This is because the hard area that is exposed when the feathers break might scratch surfaces.
- Ceiling Fan Duster: Fans and ceiling attract a lot of dust and dirt and are very difficult to clean on a daily basis. This duster is nothing but a broomstick with an extended arm that will help you reach and dust those places without using a step ladder. Since using it can help you extend your reach, ceiling fan dusters are also very useful for cleaning under beds.
- Furniture Polish: Dusting is incomplete without that crystal shine finish on your furniture. Keep furniture polish or wax handy. This also helps protect your valuable and expensive furniture.
- Rubber Gloves: It is necessary to protect your hands from dust and harsh cleaning agents. It is a good idea to buy good quality rubber gloves.
- Sponges, Paper Towels and Cotton cleaning cloths.
- Old Newspapers: Nothing is as effective as old newspaper for cleaning, window panes and glass table tops.
- Scrubbers: That hard solid stain is a tough nut to crack. Buy some good quality scrubbers.
- Flip over dusting cloth: This is a unique combination of a scrubber on one side and a cotton cloth on the other. It comes in handy when we have to scrub, polish and wipe and helps save time.
- Broom: Stick brooms are a good idea, easy to use and easy on the back.
- Mopping Liquid: Several products are available that can be added to the mop water. Using them makes sense as they help in cleaning and disinfection and also leave a pleasant scent.
- Mopping bucket and Mop: You can buy both as combo deal at many places. Some mops also have a strainer that helps you remove extra water so that you do not have any drops on your floor. A mopping bucket with wheels increases usability and portability and can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Dustpan: What use is all that cleaning if you cannot easily dispose of the dirt? A dustpan is essential cleaning hardware.
I hope this list helps you shop for cleaning supplies. Do let us know if we have missed anything. Don’t forget to share and like this post.