How To Clean Your Sofa? Here are some hacks!
After you realize how dirty your sofa is, the only logical thing to do is to find out how you can clean it at home.
And remember, when I say clean your sofa I’m talking about doing more than basic stuff like dusting and vacuuming. We are going to talk about specialized ways of cleaning based on the material of the sofa and also talk about DIY tricks to remove common stains from sofa fabric.
Ways to clean your Sofa
- Dust your sofa thoroughly using a cloth
- Sprinkle baking soda thoroughly on the fabric
- Leave it for an hour or so
- Take equal parts of water-based detergent & water in a bowl
- Spot-test the solution to see whether the solution causes any discoloration on the sofa or not
- Dip the washcloth in the cleaning solution, and gently rub the mixture on the entire sofa
- Remove excess detergent and leave the sofa alone until it air dries completely.
- Take 1 part white vinegar & 2 parts linseed or flax oil
- Rub the mixture on the couch using a clean rag
- Let it stay for at least eight hours or overnight
- Rub the sofa down with another fresh rag
↓↓Continue Reading Below↓↓
Sofa Stain-Removal Guide
- Take 1 tbsp of liquid dish detergent and mix in 2 cups of cool water
- Sponge the stain with the detergent solution and blot until the liquid is absorbed
- Sponge with cold water and blot dry again. Repeat until the stain disappears.
Turmeric (Haldi) Stains-
- Rub liquid dish detergent on the stained area.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes and then rinse with cold water
- Apply vinegar on the stain and blot it
- Place a sliced lemon on the visible stain. Rub until stain disappears.
- Mix 1 tbsp liquid dish detergent in 2 cups of cold water
- Clean a hidden area to ensure that the fabric does not get discolored
- Blot the area until the coffee stain disappears
- If the stain remains, sponge cold water & blot again.
- Make a mixture of 80% water, 10% glycerin and 10% laundry detergent
- Apply it on the blood stain and scrub with a sponge in a circular motion to lighten the stain
- Once the stain is fully removed, pour cold water on the area and pat dry with a towel
Let us know if these tricks come in handy and also in case you have invented a better solution to any stain in particular in the comment section. Happy cleaning!